To our mission family
- Our independent Board of Directors is comprised of people whose Christian character is evident, whose hearts are burdened for our work and whose unique insights enable them to carry out their considerable responsibilities. Our executive director is directly accountable to them and they have legal and fiscal oversight of Jews for Jesus. Our Board includes members of the clergy (two pastors and the leader of another Christian ministry), educators (a past president of one seminary and the head of the New Testament Department from another), business professionals (a lawyer, a doctor, an accountant and an actor), as well as a mother who formerly served with a well-known campus ministry.
- A member of the Board visits each office of Jews for Jesus every 18 months as part of our Ombudsman program. They interview staff members as well as examine the property and financial books. The Board has also established a chaplaincy program for spiritual accountability. A not-really-retired pastor and his wife visit various branches and make themselves available to minister to all our staff.
- We also have a team of trained leaders who are accountable to our executive director for overseeing the rest of the staff. Nine such leaders make up our Jews for Jesus Council, an advisory committee that helps David Brickner plan strategy as well as review and approve all missionary candidates. Members of this group are elected by their peers and serve on a rotating basis.
To the body of Christ
- We require every staff member to belong to a local evangelical congregation. Jews for Jesus is not a substitute for a local church; we encourage our staff to give generously to the local congregations and to be involved as much as is practical in light of their ministry commitments.
- We also require a good pastor’s reference before accepting anyone, staff or volunteer, for short or long term ministry opportunities.
- We are charter members of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA). This group requires us to comply with rigorous standards of reporting and auditing.
- We are members of the Interdenominational Foreign Missions Association (IFMA) which takes careful note of doctrine, finances and ethical practices for mission groups like ours.
- We also try to be answerable to each of you who love and care for Jews for Jesus. All complaints come directly to our executive director’s desk, and he takes each one seriously. We want to remain open to input from others.
- Most of all, we want to remain accountable to God, to one another and to you for making the Messiahship of Jesus an unavoidable issue to our Jewish people worldwide. Many of you have entrusted us, not only with your prayers and financial support, but also with the privilege of witnessing to your Jewish friends. We want to be worthy of that trust and we recognize the importance of accountability to keep us on the cutting edge of Jewish evangelism.