A Merry Heart Does Good
A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones.
Proverbs 17:22, NKJV
The Bible warns against excessive levity, but it’s hard to believe that God didn’t intend for us to laugh at silly things. After all, He created anteaters, didn’t He? We hope you take our Newsletter seriously, but it’s also nice to share an occasional chuckle together, especially if we’re laughing at ourselves! So here goes…
Bulletin Bloopers: Believe it or not, the following announcements actually appeared in various church bulletins.
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be “What is hell?” Come early and listen to our choir practice.
- Don’t let worry kill you—let the church help.
- The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind. They can be seen in the church basement Saturday.
- Thursday night Potluck Supper. Prayer and medication to follow.
- This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward and lay an egg on the altar.
- Remember in prayer many who are sick of our church and community.
- One time in a newsletter we saw a headline that read: “Can an Eighty-Two-Year-Old Woman Be Fruitful and Multiply?” The headline right next to it, as if to answer the question was titled, “Shimon Says Yes.” (See above).
If you have seen or read a Christian faux pas that made you smile, send it to us. It might be just the thing to make a few hearts merry.