Blessed Are You…
God never asked us to go looking for rejection, but He does expect us to confess our faith openly. If you find it difficult to do this, you are not alone! Maybe you don’t know where to start. Not everyone can go on a Summer Witnessing Campaign, but there are things we all can do to show that we belong to Yeshua. Here are just a few things you can try:
- When people say Jesus Christ” to express negative emotions, let them know that the name of Jesus means something beautiful to you. You can do this in a way best suited to your personality. You might simply smile and ask, “What were you saying about my Jesus?” Or you might say, “Please don’t blame the Lord for your stubbed toe.”
- Send letters to the editor when you read articles that say untrue things about Jesus or about Jews who believe in Him. Let your letter be an example of truth spoken in love; avoid sarcasm or other unkind expressions that belittle others. Always sign your name so others will see that you stand by your convictions.
- Put a menorah in your window to remind Christian friends that you are Jewish.
- Join a “march for Jesus” to remind Jewish friends that you are Christian.
- Wear a messianic T-shirt while doing your routine errands or while dining at your favorite deli. If people stare, smile and ask if they want to say something.
- Leave a tract with a tip (but don’t be stingy!).
- Enclose a tract with your bill (but make sure it’s paid on time!).
- Include a Bible message with your holiday greeting cards.
- If you belong to a Messianic congregation, consider taking out a congregational holiday greeting (that clearly shows your belief in Jesus) in your local newspaper.
- Keep an eye out for Jews for Jesus gospel ads in the secular media this Hanukkah/Advent Season. If you find one, display it prominently in your home or workplace.
- Rejoice, and always be ready to give glory to God for every blessing.