Apple Cake(from the Jews for Jesus Cookbook)
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ C vegetable oil (safflower or corn—no canola, it’s fake)
- 1 ¾ C sugar
- 3 C sifted flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 C diced apples (Granny Smith & Gravenstein are the best)
- 1 C chopped walnuts *
- ½ tsp cinnamon
* you can substitute the walnuts with chocolate chips, or chopped apricots, or cranberries—in fact please do, some people don’t like the nuts and some may be allergic to them
- Mix well together eggs, oil & sugar.
- Sift together flour & baking soda, add to egg mixture.
- Add vanilla & salt—blend well.
- Stir in apples, walnuts & cinnamon.
- Pour into greased & floured 9 x 13 pan; bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Makes 12 servings.