Looking at the stars is always humbling. Wrong understandings of their movement are even more so.
GleaningsImportant Developments in the Church and the World
- Oct 14,
Latest Survey: Most Evangelicals Are Not Voting TrumpMeasuring Americans by beliefs, not self-identity, makes a big difference in 2016 election polls.
- Oct 13,
Chibok Schoolgirls Released in Exchange for Boko Haram MilitantsThe girls are the first to be freed since the group was kidnapped from a boarding school in 2014.
- Oct 13,
Asia Bibi Case Delayed by Pakistan Supreme CourtChristian mother of five is the first woman sentenced to death for blasphemy in Pakistan.
- Oct 12,
Haiti Hurricane Displaces Sponsored ChildrenA quarter of Compassion’s 270 child centers shut down in wake of Hurricane Matthew.
- Are Religious Kids Meaner or Nicer?A Christian sociologist responds to two contradictory studies and what they tell us about science.
- Q&A with Steve Carter On “This Invitational Life”Teaching Pastor for Willow Creek Community Church(The Exchange)
- El privilegio de votar: Una perspectiva hispana Como creyentes hispanos queremos ser buenos ciudadanos de este país, ya sea que haya sido nuestro país de nacimiento o de adopción.
- Ten Christian Athletes Who Were Tebowing Before TebowChristian sports stars have a long history of using their public platform to display their private faith.
- Why Jesus, Not Salvation, Is God’s Greatest Gift to UsWe’re too quick to see the What instead of the Who.
- What Does the 'Enneagram' Have to Offer Christians?For Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile, the personality model is more than a pop psychology fad—it's a window into how human beings are wired.
- ‘13th’ Introduces America to the Dark History of Our Criminal Justice SystemThe new Netflix documentary makes the case that to save the future, we need to stop defending the past.
- What Politics Can (and Can’t) Do to Prevent Another HolocaustGood governments can slow the spread of genocide, but they can’t stop people from becoming genocidal.