Jewish Facts of Life
This month’s Jewish facts center on Israel. See how many answers you can come up with to the following questions . . .
The Western Wall:
1) What is the weight of the heaviest stone discovered in the Western Wall?
Answer: Between 500-570 tons
2) What type of stone is the Wall built with?
3) What was the function of the Western Wall in regards to the Temple?
Answer: Retaining Wall
1) What was Israel’s number one agricultural export in 2001?
2) Kibbutz Hazerim developed an efficient way to save water. What is it?
Answer: Drip Irrigation
3) Name two types of community settlements that were established as farming communities?
Answer: Kibbutz and Moshav
1) Why is immigrating to Israel called Aliyah?
Answer: Ascension, practiced in ancient times in going up to the Temple three times a year
2) From what two countries were the most amounts of new immigrants absorbed into Israel?
Answer: Morocco and Russia
3) What is the organization based in Israel that promotes Aliyah?
Answer: The Jewish Agency for Israel
Note: these questions and answers were found at a website that is not sponsored by Jews for Jesus. It can be found at: http://www.jewishcolorado.org/page.aspx?id=43709