News on Next Month’s Behold Your God Campaign in West Palm Beach
Next month, God willing we will conduct the final 2003 Behold Your God campaigns in Sydney, Australia and West Palm Beach, Florida. There has already been quite a media hullabaloo in West Palm:
* The October 24 edition of PalmBeachPost.com warns Jewish people to be prepared for our upcoming Behold Your God campaign. It also tries to tell Christians that Jews for Jesus and others who say that Jews can believe in Jesus are deceptive and that Jesus would not like what we are doing.
* The October 30 Palm Beach Post carried a full page ad by a counter-missionary group. The ad feature someone clad in a Jews for Jesus T-shirt, visible only from the smile down. He was offering what looks like a Jews for Jesus broadside tract, printed with the words, If you’re angered by Jews for Jesus” and the headline beneath the photo reads: “You’ll be outraged by their plans!” It goes on to warn of our upcoming Behold Your God campaign, and to offer three seminars where people can learn to counter us.
* The November 1 edition of PalmBeachPost.com repeated some of the description we have posted on our website regarding the Palm Beach Behold Your God campaign, along with quotes from our opposition saying that Jews cannot believe that Jesus is the Messiah and the Son of God.
* The November 4 edition of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel quotes a rabbi who says we are “offensive and make Jewish people uncomfortable” but also includes quotes from Jews for Jesus staff to help balance the article.
* The November 5 edition of the Palm Beach Daily News quotes rabbis who insist that Jews for Jesus and others who say that Jews can believe in Jesus are dishonest and offensive. It also quotes staff member Stan Meyer as saying, “The mobilization to thwart our campaign…tells me there are lots of open-minded Jewish people in Palm Beach County who want to find out if Jesus is our Messiah.” It goes on to publicize anti-missionary rallies, as well as the Jews for Jesus public events featuring staff member Stan Telchin.
No doubt more articles will follow as counter-missionaries attempt to discredit our missionaries in hopes that no one will want to hear the message of Jesus. Typically, Jewish people do not like to be told who they can and cannot talk to. As we encourage people to think for themselves about who Jesus is, please pray that God will use the plans of those who oppose us for His good.
Links to the above newspapers follow:
Palm Beach Daily News
“Jews For Jesus ‘Insults’ Rabbis” (November 5)
(Use archives search to find article; registration required for full text)
Palm Beach Post
“Jewish Group Set to Combat Effort by ‘Jews For Jesus'” (November 1)
(Use archives search to find articles above; payment required for full text)
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
“Campaign Disturbs Jewish Leaders; Jews For Jesus Plans Rallies In County” (November 4)
(Use archives search to find article; payment required for full text)