How To Make Your Summer Vacation Count
- Order a T-shirt that says JESUS MADE ME KOSHER or some other gospel slogan to wear while you travel. You’ll be surprised how many people will ask you questions that enable you to share your faith.
- Order 100 Jews for Jesus broadsides or other gospel tracts that you like and leave them with (not instead of!) your tip at restaurants, taxi cabs or other strategic locations (but don’t leave them in parks or forests where they could be considered litter).
- If you are vacationing in a major city, you may see Jews for Jesus or people from other missions out witnessing. Stop and say a friendly word to encourage them.
- When you hear someone complain about the high price of gasoline, say something like: “A tank of gas will only take you to another gas station, but Jesus will take you to heaven” or maybe, “The cost of energy may be high but you should see what the wages of sin are.” On second thought, maybe you’d be better off coming up with one of your own…
- Be sure to attend church even if you are not in your own home town. Ask your pastor to suggest a church in the vicinity of your vacation, or if you are touring, to suggest churches along your route. Taking a vacation from work doesn’t mean taking a vacation from fellowship or worship and you’ll find joy meeting family in Christ in new places.