Announcements and Prayer Request
Who’s Your Hero?
Can you guess which week of last month’s campaign we chose to hand out this new evangelistic postcard?
While we enjoy our superheroes on film, they can’t solve our problems, and they can’t deliver us from harm. We all need supernatural help (and we’re not talking about the green guy in tights). The Jewish prophet Isaiah predicted the superest hero of all who would be our “Wonderful Counselor,” “Mighty God,” “Everlasting Father” and “Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).
This Jewish superhero’s name is Jesus, and he said:
“Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” (John 14:27)
Please pray for:
- follow up from our New York City Summer Witnessing Campaign, that those who agreed to hear more about Jesus will be ready to meet and study the Bible
- campaigners and stewards as they transition from the month-long intensive evangelistic outreach back to their regular routines
- Camp Gilgal: that campers not only have fun but are strengthened in their faith in Jesus and in their identity as Jewish people
- Massah: boldness and safety for the final stage of the program, reaching Israeli trekkers in India
- God to keep our creative juices flowing, whether in the Thursday morning group, or our art department, or the creative projects being launched in our branches
- God’s wisdom and grace for us to mentor the next generation of Jews for Jesus in the areas of leadership and creativity
- salvation for Nathaniel, the woman in Avigail’s Hebrew class, Meir, Eduard and Lusya
- continued fruitfulness for Bruce Rapp as he ministers to Jewish inmates in Phoenix