Operation BYG: looking back and looking forward
Operation Behold Your God (Part One) was a series of evangelistic campaigns that Jews for Jesus launched in every city outside of Israel where there were Jewish populations of at least 25,000. We included our own branch cities, but we also reached out to places we had not been before. We began in San Francisco in 2001 and ended in New York City in 2006, with some 60 other cities all over the world in between. If you are interested in highlights from the Budapest campaign, you can read about it here: http://www.jewsforjesus.org/bygbudapest
During our big 2006 BYG campaign in New York, we had outreaches not only in Manhattan, but also in Queens, Brooklyn, Long Island and New Jersey. We had a special outreach to Israelis living in New York, as well as to the very Orthodox group known as Hasidim. It was quite a summer, and we published a special newspaper afterward. You can read the articles from that “Grand Finale” at jewsforjesus.org/byg-nl-2006 (for text only) or jewsforjesus.org/byg2006 (for a PDF that includes photos).
But Behold Your God (BYG) campaigns didn’t end there, because the vision was to continue to lift the name of Jesus throughout the Land of Israel, in a series of twelve campaigns to cover each major region. At this time, we are halfway through those twelve campaigns, and hope you will be praying as the next BYG campaign in Israel is coming up shortly!
Don’t miss Awakening
Awakening is a new 30-minute DVD documentary directed by award winners Herb & Amy Kossover and narrated by actor Stephen Baldwin. Awakening transports you to the streets of New York City, for a front-row view of Jews for Jesus’ next generation as they engage seekers with the gospel.
You can see the official trailer, post comments and order the DVD here.
Passover begins at sundown, April 6, just two days before Resurrection Sunday. To read more about the Feast of Redemption, and to see if there are any Jews for Jesus Passover banquets taking place near you, check out our Passover web page at: http://www.jewsforjesus.org/passover-banquets.
Please pray for:
- many to see the new DVD Awakening and be inspired to stand with us in proclaiming the gospel
- a new generation of missions-minded brothers and sisters to support our new generation of missionaries
- our new work in Budapest, and for Kata Tar as she ministers to Sofi and Erika, and that these two Jewish seekers may soon find salvation in Jesus
- our continued story in Germany
- follow-up to Stephen Pacht’s talk in Geneva: praise God for the clear opportunity to bring the gospel, and may God bring more opportunities to minister to the people in this group
- God’s blessing on our co-laborers and that many more will join with us to use their time and talents to promote the gospel among Jewish people
- continued growth for new Jewish believer Lois in New York, that she will have the courage to be baptized; continued growth for Eli in Israel, who is fearful of his new faith being discovered; salvation for Eli’s family; continued opportunities to minister to Anshal in London