Daylight Saving Time Is Coming!!!
On March 10, 2013,
- 6 o’clock will become 7 o’clock
- we’ll lose an hour of sleep
- bit we’ll have more light in the evening (and less in the morning)
Daylight Saving Time will only last a few months before we revert back to “normal” time.
If only it could last the whole year … and if only we could get more daylight on both ends of the day, year-round, 24/7, all light, all the time.
Wait!! There is another saving time, and it lasts a whole lot longer. It’s
JEWISH SAVING TIME!
What’s that, you might ask?
If you’re perplexed, here’s a quick primer on Jewish Saving Time (JST):
- JST has something to do with God: “Our God is a God who saves” (Psalm 68:20)*
- JST has something do with the fact that we need to be saved from our sin: “Save me from all my transgressions; do not make me the scorn of fools.” (Psalm 39:8)**
- JST has to with Y’shua — Jesus — the Jewish Messiah: “You are to give him the name Y’shua, because he will save his people from their sins.” (Matthew 1:21)
Jewish Saving Times never ends:
“The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Messiah Y’shua our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)
And JST brings all the light we want:
“the people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.” (Matthew 4:16)
EXTRA BONUS! Jewish Saving Times is not just for us Jews — it’s for the entire world!
Whether you’re Jewish or not, today is the day to be saved—by switching to Jewish Saving Time through Y’shua the Messiah.
* Verse 21 in the Hebrew Bible.
** Verse 9 in the Hebrew Bible.
Scholar in Residence, Missionary
Rich Robinson is a veteran missionary and senior researcher at the San Francisco headquarters of Jews for Jesus. Rich has written several books on Jewishness and Jesus, and he received his Ph.D. in biblical studies and hermeneutics from Westminster Theological Seminary in 1993.